Tuesday, March 01, 2005

So, we did the whole KY thing, had a lot of fun. Started out at 6am and stopped in York PA, saw where my friends lived when they were in college, and had Texas Hot Dogs. Good stuff, we will be making these at home in the near future. Stopped in every welcomecenter we could, the guy in Maryland was very nice but obviously didn't like people from New York, and guess what, neither do the police there! I took over the driving when we got into MD and not even 15 minutes in I get pulled over. I was doing 7 mph over the posted speed limit, got away with a warning since we weren't doing anything detrimentally wrong, and went on our merry way, cautiously watching the speedometer from then on. Was shortly introduced to Sheetz MTO Food. Good stuff too. Sheetz is like an uber 7 Eleven that has touch screens to order your food. Pretty rockin. Only stopped other wise to use the b-rooms but we made good time, got there around 8ish. Got to our room, which was fabulous, had a super huge jet powered bath. This thing was so huge that a kid could actually swim in it if they wanted to. I stayed in there for 2 hours on friday...soooo goood. mmm white mocha, huge bathtub and good tunes on the radio, what else could I have asked for on a friday morning??

We went to a bourbon distillery the first day we were there, and now I know why bourbon is bourbon and not whiskey. This place was amazing, I never knew all the stages of making bourbon and the fact that there are different ways to distill it. Wish I had brought my good camera, I could have got some really great shots in the warhouse and of the copper distilling pots they use. Passed dozens of horse farms on the way there. Met my friend's friend which was really cool. He's a total riot and I had a lot of fun talking to him and hanging out. To be quite honest though, we could have done a lot more than we actually did in KY. I think we just got lazy, and we both got a little bummed due to things going on at home that were beyond our control.
Ughhh!!! Have to work, will write more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home