Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Quote of the Day... "Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Getting yelled at for lack of blogging, so here it is! Had an interesting night. Nothing really eventful, just interesting. Went to the gym and now my ass hurts...no pain no gain!! It's actually turning into pain on top of pain from going the other day. Either way it was pretty cool. Thought some friends and I were going to have tea and ended up at the local bar for a bit. Not fun, I don't like it there that much anymore. I think it was just somewhere to go over the summer, but too much drama = bad time.

Ended up going for tea anyway and getting abused for something that I fully admit was a BIG mistake. Joking and laughing about it is one thing, but knowing when to stop is another and some people just don't get that. It ends up getting taken too far. Should have expected it though since that's the way jokes go, which is all it is, a time-wasting joke. I think I'm too nice. I just sat there last night and took the battering with a grain of salt. I probably could have used the whole damn shaker!!! Comments can be funny, but outright disgusting statements and violatingly crude remarks are hurtful and unnecessary, not to mention quite annoying. I don't give comebacks for abuse very often, but it doesn't mean I didn't think them. I stick to the old adage of "do unto others as you'd have done to yourself". The lack of vocalization is due to the fact that I'm not the type of person who is going to sit there and harp on some stupid thing that someone else did (or something stupid that I did for that matter). God, it's in the past....get over it and let it go already. I wouldn't treat someone in any way that I would not want to be treated myself. High expectations of decency are obviously out of the question in this case, but I didn't think that a slight bit of manners was too much to ask. Done with ranting now.

On the job front...have an interview tonorrow and I am very excited about it. It's probably not as much money as I hope for but at least it will get me the hell out of where I am. We'll see how it goes since there are a lot of things to take into consideration. I hope it works out well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home