Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Quote of the Day..."Don't compromise yourself, you are all you've got."--Janis Joplin

Quotes are pretty cool, I think they give some sense of inspiration and hope when read...I think I'm going to make it a daily ritual to find a quote and put it here. I've heard this quote before and find it to be very true. If you pretend to be someone you aren't, then who are you really?? You shouldn't change your morals, beliefs, clothes, thoughts, or anything for that matter, to please anyone but yourself. If you are untrue to yourself then how can you be true to others?

Ok, I'm going to go into a little rant about the opposite sex... I have been a little unhappy as of recent with someone whom I have a "relationship" with. We get along wonderfully, and he is a really fun, handsome, responsible, hard-working person...so why can't he just give me a simple answer when I ask a question? It always seems like a runaround. I have discovered things recently that I did not know about him that bother me to a point, but can most certainly be worked through. Are men incapable of discussing feelings or clearly expressing emotion? Do they enjoy confusion and mess in their lives? This is what I am experiencing and it is major suck. I'm a little happier that he called to discuss the situation last night, however I was half comatosed considering he woke me up. Hopefully things will be cleared up soon. It is good to know that I have many friends who are willing to help and listen to me complain, give advice and support my decisions, even if they might not turn out well. Friends are a staple of life, without them can anyone really live? I hope there is not a single person in existance that can honestly say that they are without a single friend. That would be a truly sad experience.